Connections, the hot new word game by The New York Times, has been grabbing everyone’s attention.
It’s all about finding links between words.
Like Wordle, the game resets daily, getting more challenging each time. We’ve got hints and tips to help you tackle the puzzles.
If you’re eager for today’s puzzle, skip to the end for 9 January 2024 solution. But if you want to solve it on your own, keep reading for clues, tips, and strategies.
What is Connections?
Connections, the newest daily word game from The New York Times, has gained immense popularity on social media.
Associate puzzle editor Wyna Liu is credited with co-creating this game and introducing it to the Games section. Accessible on web browsers and mobile devices, Connections challenges players to link four words that share a commonality.
In every puzzle, you’ll find 16 words grouped into four categories.
These categories might include book titles, software, country names, and more.
Despite some words appearing to match, only one combination is right.
Correctly grouping all four words removes them from the board, but each incorrect guess counts as a mistake. Players have up to four mistakes before the game ends.
Hint for Connections 9 January categories
- Yellow Category – You’ll love these if you’re a germophobe
- Green Category – A famous chef says you need these
- Blue Category – These aren’t kind to your nose
- Purple Category – Sherlock isn’t the only detective out there
Today’s Connections categories for 9 January 2024
- Yellow – CLEANING SUPPLIES
- Green – ELEMENTS OF COOKING, AS PER SAMIN NOSRAT
- Blue – THINGS THAT MAKE YOU SNEEZE
- Purple – TITULAR FICTIONAL DETECTIVES